On 3/23/19 5:27 AM, Will Godfrey wrote:
Typically 3-4 minutes 8-12 tracks MIDI only.

Most commonly happens when splitting a track then deleting part of it. Actual
crash usually happens next time I go to 'Play'.

  Ok, thanks.  I'll see if I can reproduce with these sorts of edits.

Had a look at gdb in the past (ran away screaming) couldn't make a lot of sense
out of the information it presented.

All I need is the backtrace which can be had by issuing the "bt" command in gdb against a core dump. Might need to do some configuring to get your system to generate core dumps for rg. E.g., run rg like this from the command line:

$ ulimit -c unlimited
$ rosegarden

  Then once you've got a core dump:

$ gdb rosegarden core

  And finally, use the "bt" (backtrace) command.

(gdb) bt

Just need to copy/paste the output of the backtrace for me and I can do the rest. Might not pinpoint the exact problem, but will certainly provide a data point to work with.

Some time back we had a segfault in
Yoshimi - gdb was no help at all and we found the problem by simply undoing
commits till we found the one where it changed :(

A bisect is oftentimes a very useful tool in these situations. But only if it's an easy-to-reproduce problem. Running gdb on a core dump is best for intermittent or harder to reproduce issues.

Ted.


_______________________________________________
Rosegarden-user mailing list
Rosegarden-user@lists.sourceforge.net - use the link below to unsubscribe
https://lists.sourceforge.net/lists/listinfo/rosegarden-user

Reply via email to