Chiming in as well,

There's a few points I've read in this list that I wanted to respond to.

1. nobody uses rosegarden for audio - I actually have, and do, several songs have even been released on some albums of mine recorded this way. Sure, it's not the most fully featured for audio, but I've made it work. Also when using midi hardware with Rosegarden, it's great to be able to pipe the audio back into the project and record as a way to 'freeze' the track.

2. audio plugins useless for midi - I don't agree here either, because of the reasons above, and many times I will use audio reverbs, delays, ect... on midi instruments if they're available.

3. Everyone uses Ardour - I don't think so. Myself and many others don't really care for it's UI and don't even see it as one of the top 3 options in Linux. I prefer, Reaper, Qtractor, and Rosegarden.

4. Lastly, LV2 - Well personally I think LinuxVST would be a far better way to go if anything, but since VST is a Steinberg tech, maybe you guys wouldn't want to go that way. LV2, is a good second choice. I never use DSSI except occasionally Hexter.

Best,

Justin

www.demonicsweaters.com