On Sat, 14 Mar 2020 20:24:55 -1000
david <gn...@hawaii.rr.com> wrote:

>I'm definitely not in the professional league!
>
>I use Rosegarden for making scores and recordings of those songs. I
>usually use the DSSI plugin to interface with fluidsynth.
>
>My experience with RG and Yoshimi hasn't been good. Way too often, I get
>a voice/setup I want in Yoshimi, point RG at it, and RG insists on using
>Yoshimi's default first standard instrument. I have to go back into
>Yoshimi and set it up again, then it works. Until the next time I open
>the RG project ...

This looks like Rosegarden is defaulting to General Midi and sending a reset,
which Yoshimi of course obeys.

I have my Rosegarden default file set up with:
Manage MIDI Devices->MIDI Playback set to a new entry 'Yoshimi'
I then set the track channels to that.

--
Will J Godfrey
http://www.musically.me.uk