I'm definitely not in the professional league!

I use Rosegarden for making scores and recordings of those songs. I usually use the DSSI plugin to interface with fluidsynth.

My experience with RG and Yoshimi hasn't been good. Way too often, I get a voice/setup I want in Yoshimi, point RG at it, and RG insists on using Yoshimi's default first standard instrument. I have to go back into Yoshimi and set it up again, then it works. Until the next time I open the RG project ...

Since LV2 appears to be the intended replacement for LADSPA, LV2 support would be great. I have recorded audio into RG. But the ability to apply LV2 plugins to that or MIDI tracks would be nice.

I usually record RG output using jack_capture, then work that over in Audacity. So, in a sense, RG is my audio mixer. Ardour is confusing and (to me, at least) assumes that I'm a trained audio engineer. Great for those who are such, not so great for me.

I would like better score-focused functionality, thank you. RG and counterpoint only seem to occasionally get along. But LV2 support seems like a good idea, even if just on general principles.

A simple way to render an RG project would be nice, but I think it's easy to just fire up jack_capture with the JACK transport option. That works for me since I don't need to output RG tracks individually for mixing in Audacity or anything else.

To Chris, Ted, Michael and all the wonderful people who make Rosegarden - a big Hawaiian MAHALO NUI LOA!