Greetings,

In the spirit of use-cases, I'll chime-in.

I'm an occasional/casual user of Rosegarden and have been for many years.

I'm a very amateur guitar player and member of a church choir.

My most common use-case is that of trying to learn a particular vocal part (e.g. tenor) by listening to it over and over.

In this case, I will receive an octavo from the choir director and enter the part using the notation editor, and then play it back using a synth (e.g. fluidsynth).

Although the notation entry can be painfully slow, using Rosegarden has taught me a great deal about the intricacies of music notation. Thanks for that!

After using the notation editor to enter individual parts, I will sometimes use Ardour to create audio files which I then write a to CD-ROM for individual SATB parts for distribution to other choir members.

All this while using my beloved Linux machines that are the basis for my embedded-systems programming livelihood.

Thank you to all of the Rosegarden developers for your contributions.

- mike