On Wed, Jan 15, 2020 at 12:13 PM 'Martin R' via sage-release
<sage-release@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Oh dea, this is becoming strange:
>
> The output of configure says that
>
> atlas, openblas, iconv will NOT be installed, but
>
> bzip2-1.0.6-20150304.p0
> readline-6.3.008.p0
> xz-5.2.2.p0
> pcre-8.40.p2
> curl-7.62.0.p0
>
> However, I certainly have bzip2, xz, pcre and curl on my system, and I guess
> also readline.
>
> Might there be a bug in configure?

You need development versions of these, see
https://doc.sagemath.org/html/en/installation/source.html#linux-recommended-installation

So, on Ubuntu:

libbz2-dev
libreadline-dev (seems to be missing in docs)
liblzma-dev (this is the xz lib, iirc)
libpcre3-dev
libcurl4-openssl-dev