Marian, I've heard that the notion you posit has been discussed at the highest
levels. No word on whether it happens in reality or not.

 Subject : [scifinoir2] Re: New Trek- My take *SPOILERS*

 Date : Sun, 10 May 2009 23:22:46 -0000

 From : "marian_changling" <md_moor...@yahoo.com>

 To : scifinoir2@yahoogroups.com

With all of the discussion of alternative timestreams here....

Are people thinking that future movies might try to mingle the two alternative
Star Trek histories? I certainly hope not. (Mr. Shatner might yet talk himself
into the new Trek!)

If this is the new history, I hope they go forward with that. Not try to reach
across into the old one.

In fact, I wish that Spock Prime had stayed away from the new Spock altogether.
That scene was completely unneeded. Some reviewers thought that it felt like
Nimoy giving his blessing to the new guy, but storywise I wish it had been
dropped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JQdwk8Yntds