On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 12:31 AM Udhay Shankar N <ud...@pobox.com> wrote:

> So I discovered some sambhar that's been sitting in the fridge for at least
> a month. It's been in a closed container and not been taken out of the
> fridge. I am not sure the container is airtight. It doesn't smell rotten.

To begin with, is it Sambaar or one of it's cousins the like the Kuzhambu?

The former, owing to the presence of lentils, is more likely to have gone
off the rails than the tamarind-water-heavy-with-spices latter.

And among Sambaars, varieties that include freshly ground coconut share a
half-life of red-shirted security officers in the original Star Trek.

Thaths