craehow...@juno.com wrote:

Question: If; in fact, Collodial Silver did accumulate (beyond turning blue) what could we expect that to cause?
An immune system boost. Since some water filters use silver to purify water, any accumulated silver, especially in places like the liver, should enhance the immune system's ability to kill pathogens significantly. Silver accumulation in the liver appears to cause no problems, but should be a big boost to the immune system. See: http://www2.mst.dk/common/Udgivramme/Frame.asp?http://www2.mst.dk/udgiv/publications/2003/87-7972-512-0/html/kap08_eng.htm

Silver is primarily accumulated in the pancreas, liver and spleen, and to a lesser extent in other tissues. Silver is mainly excreted in the feces via the bile. Urinary may take place, when the blood level of silver is above a certain concentration.

Accumulation in the brain and kidneys is of more concern. That same article says:

Metallic silver is highly inert and is generally considered of low toxicity to mammalian species including man. However, death has been observed in rats following ingestion of large doses colloidal silver (15 <http://www2.mst.dk/udgiv/publications/2003/87-7972-512-0/html/kap06_eng.htm#15>). In rare cases, silver has resulted in skin allergy. Inhalation of high concentrations of silver fume resulted in headache and dyspnoea, and later reduced oxygen pressure in capillary blood. For many years, it was believed that the only effect from silver was argyria. Argyria results after long-term exposure and is a cosmetic illness. Recent studies show, that silver may be toxic to the kidneys. In animal studies, silver was able to pass the blood-brain barrier and accumulate in certain areas of the brain. Such animals were less active than unexposed animals, which may indicate that silver may have a harmful effects on the central nervous system. Silver is not mutagenic or carcinogenic. There is some evidence that silver may cause minor developmental anomalies in the foetus.

Marshall

I feel that a portion of the silver that we are digesting is building up; mainly because our elimination systems are not fuctioning well. I know that mine has been a problem for 20+ years and I am now 61. I've never been a junk food addict or consumed what was considered the tabo types of foods. I loved my vegetables and ate very little meat. Has anyone seen any information on this?
connie