Norton, Steve wrote:
Marshall,
As always, I appreciate your comments and correction of my errors. And
my errors are numerous.I did some more searching. There is little
research data on metallic silver that I could find except for inhaled
silver which would probably be converted to silver ions before
assimilation into the bloodstream.
The lungs actually secrete H2O2 to break down silver particles in the lungs, which makes silver oxide and silver hydroxide, which is absorbed into the blood stream and most likely quickly converted to silver chloride.
I found a lot of web pages that state
that colloidal silver is removed by the kidneys but could find no
supporting studies.
I did find the following reference to a JAMA article:

"Colloidal silver and other similar substances have been proved to be
removed from the blood by the. Kupffer cells in the liver. ...
jama.ama-assn.org/cgi/reprint/84/13/939.pdf"

Unfortunately this article is for subscribers only. Can you check and make sure they are really talking about colloidal silver? I often find that when one searches deeper in many articles that they are calling many things colloidal silver, including salts and MSP.
And this put out by Stephen Quinto:

"Stable, pure, and fine silver particles are more likely to be
eliminated first through bile and then secondly through normal kidney
excretion"
http://www.natural-immunogenics.com/pdf/SS-White%20Technical%20Paper%200
02-SafetyInformation-01-23-033.pdf
There are a number of studies supporting particle removal by Kupffer
cells in the liver in general but not specific to silver.
The problem is, are any of the references supported by good solid evidence? My theory could certainly be wrong, but with the facts and what I believe to be true seems to fit better than other theories. I wish we could find some really good tests that can pull it all together. There was a debate in 2001 between Stuart and Frank on this very list which concerned this to some extent, where Frank was supporting a chloride hypothesis and Stuart was supporting a ammonia complex hypothesis. That an be found at http://www.gaiaresearch.co.za/silver.html but I cannot say it really adds any light to this.

Marshall
Can you point me to something supporting colloidal silver removal by the
kidneys?

Thanks,
    Steve