Here is a table top unit that may be sufficient for a horse:
http://cgi.ebay.com/Table-Desk-top-POWER-NEB-Nebulizer-Compressor-AEROSOL_W0QQitemZ270388545665QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item3ef469c881#ht_1730wt_868

Here is the info on the new hand held that included a phone number for the supplier who I talked to about the particle size. He may be able to advise you to match prices with other eBay offers.
OMRON NE-U22v BATTERY PORTABLE NEBULIZER
http://cgi.ebay.com/OMRON-NE-U22v-BATTERY-PORTABLE-NEBULIZER-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ290354476753QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item439a79b6d1#ht_630wt_1167
Sold By SecureNet Medical, Ltd, Quitman TX  ph#  888-255-2509

Garnet

Dr Chris Steele, ITV's This Morning supporting LDN
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVpjsDK0LPA

Malcolm wrote:
Hi Garnet,
Thanks for your reply; I went on ebay and couldn't find an Omron unit,
though I did see some rather interesting pieces of plastic; basketballs,
duckies, spaceships (I think), and a few super-expensive (by my
standards, $250) ones which pre-heated the water and controlled that
temp Digitally!  It used a titanium nitrite(sic) element - I expect it
was a misprint for titanium nitride, but also expect it is no more
effective at nebulizing water than the older barium nitride or the
cheaper magnetostrictive elements common in such units as the KAZ and
many others, the trick being the frequency at which the water is
agitated by the element - usually around 42,000 cycles per second by
whatever does the agitating.  I exclude the handheld, "personal" or
whatever units, in favor of the room-sized ones categorically, since the
idea is to get a medication or whatever into the animals lungs in a
reasonable time, and I expect you know better than I that a horse
breathes a LOT of air.

So, in short: "Let the buyer beware."  Meanwhile I'll attempt to check
further and find the tech literature you refer to, or contact an Omron
or Swiss-Air dealer.

Take care, Malcolm