To: "silver list" <silver-list@eskimo.com>
Sent: Thursday, March 11, 2010 7:50 PM
Subject: CS>Vitamin D

I was disappointed today to find out that my 25-hydroxy vitamin D test
showed my vitamin D level to be only 25.  I was so sure it would be high
that I almost didn't request one.  Since last fall I've been taking at
least 1,000 units D3 plus the D3 in my multivitamin and calcium pills.
When the day is warm enough, I go out with a jacket and shorts to get
some sun.  It's been a very cold winter for here, though.

 I'd gotten my level up two years ago from 14 in February to a near ideal
55 in the summer by taking 2,000 units D3 and then lying in the sun 20
minutes two or three times a week as soon as weather allowed.
Have any of you had the vitamin D blood test?  I've heard that in the
north in the winter, even if you lie outside naked at noon, you can't
get any vitamin D because of the angle of the sun.  (Plus you'd be a
popsicle!)

Pat

Archives: