I must clarify I was referring to students and young people getting into
3D. I have no problem learning other software out there, I do it all the
time.

Let's not forget that once they have full control of the universities and
training institutions it will just be a one way road. They were already 90%
there, but when I heard that the Bournemouth MA will probably go Maya is
when the news really
hit me. I studied there and still think softimage was the best choice for a
1 year course.

We can of course try to change the course
on our side by creating Modo/Houdini pipelines but the roots and new blood
will be mostly Maya...