Hi Nicolas,

- it's there, but not a powerful as in SI imho
- NEX tools are getting there, but some handy stuff is still MIA
- no, prepare for a world of pain and frustration. No quick adjusting/adding to a fully rigged character.... - kind of, but not without extensive scripting or plugins. Mind you I haven't rigged anything in Maya for years ;-)
- kind of, copy/paste into snippets of code will work on both.
- both, but use Python as the preferred language.

I've worked with Maya in the past for almost two years. It never really grew on me. Especially coming from SI|3D / 3DS Max first and XSI later.
So much stuff that just didn't click....

A couple of weeks ago I did a lighting job (Arnold) in Maya 2014, and although it has improved over the years, it still feels like working with boxing gloves on. Rendering is a huge pain in the behind. For Maya users, I truly hope that project H is getting somewhere...

Rob