Has been 3 months now I've switched to Maya...
Skin weighting is the worst offender, and being an artist being forced to
code your own stuff because Maya lacks some features its really a huge
pain...

However I expected my experience to be worse, even if I found myself stuck
sometimes for very stupid reasons, because Maya lacks some elementary
stuff, and I found all this baffling...

Could be worse, thats what I keep repeting myself...but I miss Softimage so
much and for technical reason I cannot use it together with Maya...which
will save lot of time...a shame really...