yeah sorry Hirazi I clearly saw, its just the latest and greatest theories
of shading hair are including in the redshift hair shader and rendering
tens of millions in 20 - 30 seconds wheras mental ray for softimage...
 when was the last time a decent new technology researched shader come out
for it.. and for SI? and be able to render in any kind of reasonable
timeframe. depending on   which version of mr are you using? the latest?
there may be some new shader tech with the mila shaders am unaware off with
sss but in my humble opinion if it does not do this dual scattering stuff
(which is in RS) it is not realistic enough...

http://www.cemyuksel.com/research/dualscattering/