Thank you all for stating your perspectives on this matter.

Let me ask couple of questions, just real honest ones:

Q1: * How much screen space must take for *2016-beyond* software to work
well? (Modo/Blender/Maya...) Why keep filling the screen with
icons/redundant menus?
Q2: * Why maya crashes around 5 times in 1 hour with an older service pack?
need the new one to only crash once per hour....
Q3: * How much code does it need to be re-written to (inflate) work for the
*current2015-beyond software* on the latest OS?
Q4: * How many more community/users (counting by the hundreds) would be
needed to make a "switch layout" petition on *current2016-beyond* software?

If all this doesn´t point to bad planning/design UIX (and not just
aesthetics, but code, as well)...I don´t know how possible
is for a *current2016-beyond* app defeat an already good software like we
had on Softimage (back 2 years ago until EOL).

A1: Softimage as it is, can even run on a Netbook (1152 x 864) collapsible
panels
*.*
A2: SI only needed 1 or 2 SP at most, each year. Solid code only needs
upgrades, not bug-patching service packs.
A3: SI will be limited for some OS but that's architecture and Core
processing (not source code related) and will stay running like originally
intended.
A4: SI only had 5k people sign the "NO EOL" to SI, which is as far as we
know *active users*; I can´t picture why 5,6,8K user community can´t
make a petition to make a software more stable.

I don´t want to make this post extensive. I can expand more on each A, if
you ask and follow on this thread :)

Thanks.

Portfolio 2013 <http://be.net/3dcinetv>
Cinema & TV production