So we are looking for something that bridges the gap between the technical and artistic side of CG?

What I personally find regretful is not so much the EOL annoncement in itself, but how much credit we gave it.

Because what mostly discourages from SI usage, probably is and has been both the reduction of available talent, and the reductions of available positions.

(making for what could qualify as a -loop-)

"No support!  Oh noooo! "

Since 2008,  Did most of the development/support come from AD?

You know,  ... it can super easily be said that the overwhelmingly larger chunk of practical dev came from the continuous stream of stuff popping-up on RRAy
(tools from you/us)

a stream of stuff which depends on usage continuance.

Saying Because For the next decade, Houdini will most likely remain mostly like Houdini, except with a few enhancements,
which is totally fine, Houdini is great for it's own specific role (while probably never qualify as an XSI replacement)

and Maya will most likely remain mostly like Maya, except with a few enhancements,
which can also be totally fine, Maya can also have it's set of advantages,
if it wasn't for the ever increasing amounts of bugs/consistencies that comes with it, not unlike as much as it it has,
(arguably for lack of real love or passion)
or for with never ending surprise! policies, like upcoming nullification (or merging) of traditional subs to regular rental  which were supposed to be upheld indefinitely.. not to mention the cloud which will similarly going to eat us (if we similarly let it).

And in the event of a new player making it's way
 (filling the humogous gap between (over-)techical and (over-)simplistic environments)
I would say hurray!

Yet I would not count on it, they don't make new software as they use to (when 3D was still new)

    "No Soft cause want to move away from AD"

I'd say that Soft arguably stopped being under AD the moment it decided to "retire"  it, like retiring a language ..  how can you do that.
(Either practically or Ethically, it doesn't make any sense.)

Which can be akin to suddenly declaring that the sky is now red!
 (I would say "humm ... right" , would you say "oh well, I guess the sky is red now!" ?)

Nevertheless, if using soft, no need to ever deal with any corporate ridiculousness or be subject to any subsequent 'creative' policies.

And If we have have been letting big faceless orgs dictate our lives, bending ourselves in 40 and using sublime text to author 3D
it may be because of these big faceless orgs
(or how the public shareholding system is,  and not because of people working for them like Daniel Tutilo),
but also because we LET ourselves, ... basically get had,  if no line is ever drawn, there would essentially never be a line or limit to shareholder greed.

yep..

In any event, I hope soft stops working on windows 11, so that we wouldn't feel as silly that we could have otherwise went along with it for -at least- another decade, not only just fine, but like in the relative heaven we didnt know we were in, basically ignoring any "regretful" announcements.

 (a decade... or more, considering that one is in no way lacking anything if using an OS of a couple of versions back,  not unlike using win7 today, for the sake of using probably one of the most all-encompassing digital content creation app out there.)