> On 5 May 2018, at 17:52, Laurence Dodd <laure...@porkpie.tv> wrote:
>
> Hi Jordi,
> PS. I am thinking… would it be of interest for you guys if I talk to SideFX
> to organise a crash course in Houdini for Softimage users? May be replicating
> one of the old XSI tutorials live in Houdini??? I still love those tutorials…
> remember the carnivore plant?
>
> I would love to see these, thanks.

:-).  will chat with them

> I'm pretty comfortable in Houdini, and day to day stuff is all fine, in fact
> I love so much about Houdini; but at the moment for me its as soon as you hit
> the Vex stuff I stumble, but thats my shortcoming, and its getting better,
> just have to knuckle down.

I have seen two types of approaches, those confortable with programming go to
VEX because it is so direct and compact… the others (like me) use regular SOPs
and only dive to VEX when I want to avoid VOPs which are a bit too cumbersome
for my own taste… VEX is so convenient…

But as you say, it is a matter of just going for it…

jb