2012/2/29, Rémi Després <despres.r...@laposte.net>:

> Le 2012-02-29 à 10:53, liu dapeng a écrit :
>
>> 2012/2/28, Rémi Després <despres.r...@laposte.net>:
>>>
>>> 2012-02-28 15:06, liu dapeng :

>>> What I see as important is that IPv6-only routing can be deployed ASAP
>>> without sacrificing a good residual IPv4 service, including where ISPs
>>> prefer per-user stateless operation.
>>>
>>> The point has already been made that functions are defined in the draft
>>> as
>>> "stateless" if they don't need (for IPv4 over IPv6) any "per-user" state.
>>> A CE can therefore be considered stateless *in the draft* even if it has
>>> NAT44 (a function that is purely IPv4, and whose statefulness is per
>>> session).
>>> Because of that, the draft is self consistent an doesn't need to be
>>> modified.
>>>
>>> I do hope that, with these additional explanations, and in order to avoid
>>> waste of energy, you can accept to join a consensus that it is time to
>>> close
>>> this discussion and accept the draft.
>>>

>>> Looking forward to further discussions on solutions themselves,
>>> Regards,
>>> RD
>>>
>> Hello Remi
>>
>> Firstly, this draft will mis-lead other operators thinking that this
>> is a pure stateless solution from the title and the document (maybe
>> terminology such as "Maping" is better). IETF WG should not hurry up
>> without the correct description on what the document is. For my
>> understanding, both of above two solutions are stateful solution. Even
>> in the first case of BR' side there are still stateful information for
>> control plane.
>>
>> Secondly, since this is also stateful solution principally. Then why
>> IETF need to invent a second wheel about the same scenario,
>

>> should
>> IETF obsolete previous one such as DS-Lite, then start to work on
>> this?
>
> Surely not.
> This debate has been finished when it was decided that Softwire would work
> ALSO on solutions that are stateless, at least in ISP gateways to the IPv4
> Internet.
>
> You may have not been personally part of this consensus, which is obviously
> your right, but the consensus remains.
> Since no one prevents you from using stateful solutions of you choice,
> trying to prevent those who want a more stateless solution to have a
> specification isn't, IMHO, fair contribution to standardization.
>
> RD

It’s really a bad idea to invent two wheels for the same scenario.
This is not IETF’s spirit, It’s a disaster for “One Internet”.

I guess that it has been quite clear that this is not a “stateless”,
whatever state is more or less, the current terminology is
mis-leading.If you want, then maybe “Mapping” is much better.

IETF consensus has  to happen multiple times during the process of the document.

-Dapeng

--

------
Best Regards,