Le 2012-02-11 à 15:30, Cameron Byrne a écrit :

> On Feb 10, 2012 2:20 AM, <mohamed.boucad...@orange.com> wrote:
> >
> > Dear WG members,
> >
> > I would like to close this document so that we can meet the following item
> > from the WG Charter:
> >
> > "
> > 4. Developments for stateless legacy IPv4 carried over IPv6
> > - develop a solution motivation document to be published as an
> > RFC
> > - develop a protocol specification response to the solution
> > motivation document; this work item will not be taken through
> > Working Group last call until the solution motivation document
> > has been published or approved for publication
> > "
> >
> > Except the a comment asking to include a new section to compare stateful
> > vs. stateless, no further comments have been received.
> >
> > I didn't considered adding the proposed new section because IMO it is out
> > of scope of this document. That section can justify in its own a dedicated
> > draft.
> >

> I find this omission disappointing. There is a common assumption that
> stateless is superior to stateful, but it is not quantified anywhere.
>
> It seems all this stateless work hinges on this assumption without any
> quantification.
>
> Honestly, the omission makes me believe the case of stateless being superior
> is dubious.

Both stateful AND stateless have their use cases.
This motivation draft shouldn't be taken as advocating that Stateful should be
abandoned!
(Both NAT64 and DS-lite are here to stay. There also have their use cases where
they are superior).

Delaying this document would only be IMHO a waste of energy.

Regards,
RD