Le 2012-03-23 à 11:13, <mohamed.boucad...@orange.com>
<mohamed.boucad...@orange.com> a écrit :

> Dear WG members,
>
> I didn't had time to read the last version of 4rd-U but I read carefully -03
> when it was published.

Note that -04 and -05 are significantly improved.
Expertise of its now co-authors include broadband and mobile services as ell as
product vendors.

AFAIK, no reason why it wouldn't work, or do less than claimed, remained
unanswered.
If later on a flaw or uncertainty is identified, and confirmed after
discussion, this will be fairly acknowledged.

> I really appreciated the work done by Rémi to write down -03. The document is
> well written, easy to read and the requirements are clearly sketched. I
> really think this spirit should be adopted by MAP documents.
>
> As I already told Rémi, I would like if all proponents of stateless A+P
> converge and avoid wasting energies in comparing individual proposals. I
> thought this is what has been agreed during the softwire interim meeting:
> IMO, MAP effort meets the objective of group work.
>
> Some of the points raised by Rémi can be easily considered in the context of
> MAP; except the idea of unified header which is a step forward. Adopt a
> unified approach is exclusive to encapsulation and/or translation.
>
> The question now is: Does the unified approach bring new features +
> simplification compared to the normal IPv4-in-IPv6 encapsulation scheme
> (which I'm mainly interested in)? The answer is: No.
>
> Perhaps this is selfish but given what I mentioned above, I vote for the
> following:

> * Adopt the work of the MAP design team as the base specification for
> stateless A+P effort.
>
> * Make sure proposals from Rémi (except U) are discussed:

This may be taken as  "I don't care how many designs are standardized...
provided my use case is covered by one of them".
This is not AFAIK the best approach to simplify standards we make for the
future.

The chair encouraged further work on U after IETF 82 after arguments used to
exclude it in Taipei were acknowledged to be invalid.
Excluding to discuss U although  it provides a unified design, with more
operational features than either T or E, seems to me difficult to justify.

Regards,
RD