hi all,

i listented to the softwire wg live on March 30 online and recorded my
comments in the jabber room. as the person who was mentioned by the
presenter not less than twice, i have to point out that it is unfair that
the presenter mentioned me with only acknowledgment to my effort but my
point of views. my summerized comment on 4rd-u is: it is flawed in both
architecture and technical aspects, and now still uncertain in several
details.

it would become as a ridiculous and weird record in the  ietf history, had
the wg made a decision of putting two as experimental, one is
well-understood, well-coded and well-practised while the other is
misleading the understanding on the Internet architecture, not yet coded,
not yet tested by any operators.

our company, as an ISP and as a provider doing also application services,
including those over mobile platforms, is waiting for the MAP standard
desirably. we have no interest in introducing the 4rd-u elements into our
platforms.

personally i won't code a stuff with obvious architectural flaws but, if i
were believing in the 4rd-u, i would do the code and operational test with
serious self-checking as MAP-T and MAP-E teams already have done, before
talking on any doc-track issue with the community. this is the way of being
responsible.

thanks,
maoke