On 3/26/12 8:54 PM, "Satoru Matsushima" <satoru.matsush...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>As a member of the MAT DT, I am naturally biased in favor of what Xing,
>Maoke and Ole said.
>
>I also think that the chair's questions are not adequate. I don't think
>that the questions should be which of document the wg choose, make
>documents to be unified or not. I think that it should be what 'solution
>space' has been clarified beyond the MAP suite. Let me try to figure
>these out.
>
>1. Reduce the number of parameters for MAP configuration
> The MAP currently needs bunch of parameters such as 'Rule IPv6 prefix',
>'Rule IPv4 prefix' and 'EA-bits length' for each of BMR, FMR and DMR. It
>would be more convenient when one or some of them can be reduced or
>omitted.

[Reinaldo] Good point. Irrespective of MAP/4rd-U it would be good to have
simplified model for ease of deployment. Usually when implementing such
standards things get
very complicated for both development and ISP due to

- Consistency checks across all parameters
- Consistency checks within a parameter
- Debugging, operational commands, testing,
- Interop testing, naming conventions
- Network planning and staff training.

Thanks,

Reinaldo