Remi,

>> (this reminds me of cockfighting; somewhat entertaining for the spectators
>> (if that's your kind of thing), one is declared a winner, but both
>> combatants die...
>
> You may fear that MAP T+E would be about to die (your judgement) but, in
> particular in view of the quotation above, I think 4rd-U as in a good
> position to remain alive.
>
> Your recent comment suggesting that hub&spoke and per-customer stateful
> solutions might after all be sufficient seems to me a sheer lack of
> confidence in the solution you propose. (It looks like you become tired to
> work on the double-standard approach, knowing that arguments for it are too
> weak for success.)

can we just cite irreconcilable differences and stop discussing this?

> This doesn't justify, however, your trying to also kill the single standard
> solution, the most credible A+P approach we have on the table.

I believe that a consequence of us not being able to agree on a A+P solution
will have the effect of killing A+P.
the "problem" with MAP isn't that it has two modes of encapsulation. the
problem with MAP is 4rd-U. the unification of churches rarely work. I would
have been happy to concede and go with 4rd-U, but only if I thought it worked.
and would have an easy way through standardization. unfortunately, the esoteric
features with the V-octet and fragment header will make that not so.

this is my last mail to you on this subject.

Ole