On Apr 2, 2012, at 12:44 , Jan Zorz @ go6.si wrote:

> On 4/2/12 12:33 PM, Ole Trøan wrote:
>> the status quo; with no path forward just means that we'll
>> effectively kill A+P. I would certainly not recommend my product
>> managers to implement either of this given the risk. is there
>> consensus to abandon these efforts (which is basically what we do by
>> publishing them as experimental anyway)?
>>
>> the alternatives we have are perfectly fine: - Shared IPv4 address
>> over IPv4 transport ->  NAT444 / CGN - Shared IPv4 address over IPv6
>> transport ->  464XLAT / DS-lite - Full IPv4 address over IPv6
>> transport ->  DS-lite with Public IPv4 address
>>
>> problem solved. ;-)
>
> So, if we deprecate RFC6346 and with that the whole A+P idea - is that
> solving anything? Really?

- less IPv4 exit mechanisms to implement and choose among. that must be good,
no?
  (currently there are at least 4 mechanisms proposed in the A+P H&S and mesh
space)
- large stateful boxes in the SP network; we know how to build them,
  and we can charge more for them. that's a good thing too, no? ;-)

> I'm also really tempted to do that if this community can't decide what to do
> in a quick time manner, showing the industry the path forward.

yes, if there was a path forward I would also be a lot less despondent with
regards to A+P.

cheers,
Ole