The irony is that this is an apples and oranges comparison, and throwing
away ripe apples into some box with raw oranges looks rather unfair.

Some of the of the indicators are:
- MAP is not only the result of a consensus of a broad WG design team, but
also that of numerous authors of the merged drafts whihc have been
discussed for 1 year+. The 4rd-u technical proposals were evaluated by the
design team, and have not gained support there.
- MAP running code exist
- 4rd-U covers a technical corner case that is "self created" (if not self
invented/motivated)
- 4rd-U does not allow v4-v6 communication (say a v4 host to a v6 sign-up
portal, etc)
- 4rd-U is not by any means "universal". As admitted it requires the
coupling with BIH, which features the same technical corner case that 4rd-u
claims to solve (doh).

The other aspect is that some different measure appears to be being applied
in this selection *for WG adoption* vs the selection of the other drafts in
softwire, which have gained WG draft status without even a shred of running
code.

-Woj.