hi Woj,

let me truncate the old text that makes this message too long. focusing on
the recent replies.

2012/7/19 Wojciech Dec <wdec.i...@gmail.com>

> Hello Maoke,
>
> okay, if your "MAP algorithm" refers to the GMA, it is fine to state GMA
>> is usable to address/port-set assignment and/or stateless IPv4-mapped IPv6
>> address generation. however, only the GMA doesn't make MAP as a "mapping of
>> address and port". the purpose of mapping is making a stateless packet
>> transform at the IPv4/IPv6 boundary and vise versa.
>>

> The mapping still happens, in the lower 64 bits.

clarified. thanks.

>> if you argue GMA is generic for universal cases of A+P ( i actually agree
>> that ), i suggest to submit GMA separately as a standard or as an update of
>> A+P, so that stateful/stateless solutions are able to cite it easily.
>>

> That's what it was, but it was said to be "too many drafts".
>

>>> In addition, the IPv4+PSID are still mapped to IID as per MAP. Thus
>>> there is no "algorithm is abandoned" case, as you put it.
>>>

>> this a little differs from my early reading on the MAP draft stating 1:1.
>> you clarify here that in any cases IPv4+PSID is embedded in the mapped IPv6
>> address.
>>

>>> The PSID is intended to be passed as part of the Optional Port
>>> Parameters, which the draft already has as part of the FMRs, and what has
>>> also been discussed in the DT.
>>>

>> yes we have the optional port parameters. but i didn't remember what DT
>> discussed included the topic of having the value of PSID in the FMR.
>>

> Please refer to Satoru-san's emails on the topic.
>

>> on the other hand, i think current talk is going on at the WG stage
>> rather than the DT. even if i didn't show objection to that issue in the
>> DT, i don't think i would have been disabled to show it in the WG.
>>

>>> This is another type of 1:1 rules, which I agree is an item of
>>> clarification in the draft, but eminently possible under the current spec
>>> as the the MAP architecture is  agnostic to how the IPv6+IPv4+Rules get to
>>> the device
>>>

>> sorry i cannot catch the meaning of the "agnostic to"... :P i understand
>> "how the IPv6+IPv4+Rules get to the device" is the mission of MAP-DHCP
>> rather than the MAP architecture.
>>

> Agnostic to means, that the working of the MAP architecture doesn't rely
> on any specific MAP rule or address provisioning method. Should be noted
> that IPv6 addresses are also provisioned, and can be so by multiple methods.

"any specific MAP rule" or any specific rule-making algorithm? if the
former, no objection here. if the latter, i don't see anything essential
other than a rule-making algorithm in the "MAP architecture". and this
rule-making algorithm is what i support through the MDT and the WG.

>> if the multiple-CE domain and the single-CE domain should have different
>> attributes, i don't think this is not a novelty. and i am against this
>> configuration parameter no matter if it is *stated* as a non-novelty or
>> not.
>>

> And what is the reason for this objection?

does MAP intend to support mesh topology with the PSID value included in
the rule? if so, i doubt any CE device (especially those having limited
resources) can do with that. if it is not, the architecture happens with 2
configurations not orthogonal: if PSID, no mesh -- it confuses that the
highest priority design goal of MAP is not statelessness and simplicity but
the PSID.

therefore i am objective of introducing PSID into the rule and making the
architecture stateless only in wording.

- maoke