2012/6/28 Leaf yeh <leaf.y....@huawei.com>

> Maoke - i fully agree with you as zero-lengthed EA-bits is a naturally
> possible case of MAP. however, to my understanding, even in this case the
> Figure 7 of MAP addressing architecture is still appliable and therefore it
> implies PSID length also equals to zero. this is the real meaning of 1:1...
>
> Satoru - Let's think that a CE provisioned with following BMR comes from
> MAP DHCPv6 options.
> BMR:
>  o Rule-ipv6-prefix  : {exact matched with CE's delegated prefix}  o
> Rule-ipv4-prefix  : x.x.x.x/32
>  o EA-length         : 0
>  o Port-param option : {PSID/length}
> This BMR could be a LW46 provisioning means.
> (http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/softwires/current/msg04466.html )
>
> I don't think 'it implies PSID length also equals to zero' can be derived
> from 'zero-lengthed EA-bits' as per the example from Satoru.

according to MAP architecture of addressing, EA-length MUST not less than
the length of PSID, no matter it is in DHCP configuration or in FMR
installed in BR. see my analysis in the discussion thread with Dec. having
a PSID for CE but no the PSID embedded in the address makes ambiguity when
mapping entry is selected for a specific IPv4 flow.

> On the other hand, when the text of '1:1 mode' and '1:1 case' is mentioned
> in the draft, I'd like to know what the 1st '1' & the 2nd '1' stand for
> respectively.

fully agree with you that any "1:1" is confusing. my understanding is
1-IPv6 address : 1-IPv4 address. but the term "1:1" is not necessary to
appear in specification.

- maoke