Qiong,

On 21 July 2012 11:46, Qiong <bingxu...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi, Woj,
>
> This is not only about determining which parameter to explicitly exist in
> MAP rule, but also the configuration in BR. If you include PSID explicitly,
> then
> 1) you need to configure per-subscriber rule in BR since the value of PSID
> for different CPEs are different. This will take a lot of workload for
> operators and it is obviously not the objective of any stateless solution.

Stateless does not mean configuration less, and never did.
Even without an explicit PSID one could have thousands of "rules"
configured, if one chooses to deploy it that way.

> 2) IPv6 prefix has already carry the PSID implicitly, and the PSID in MAP
> rule is redundant.
> Therefore, I don't see the reason to include PSID explicitly in MAP
> architecture.

So you don't disagree about the use, which is good. I'm however puzzled by
why you see a need for a separate architecture document & specification to
address the need for explicit port range, which the explicit PSID is,
rather than working on a common solution...

Regards,
Woj.