> >   On a side note, M'Rrall came in with the
> Doc to do a quick scan of the
> >prisioners to be sure that they were not
> sporint internal injuries.  All of
> >the prisioners just got silent, and watched
> the poor cat.  There was some
> >grumbling going on, but it was not vocal more
> gutteral so it was
> >unintelligable.  He is Caitian, a felinid like
> them, but he has no hair... 
> >That is all the reason I could come up with
> why they reacted like that.]>
> 
> 
> She made her own copy, then called Lasiter. 
> "Kitanya to Lasiterrr.  May I
> meet you in yourrr rrready rrroom?"
> 
    "Certainly, Admiral.  I will be waiting."
> 
> She headed up there and waited to be allowed
> inside, then sat down across
> from him.  "You and yourrr crrrew arrre
> excellent fighterrrs, Captain.  We
> couldn't have asked forrr betterrr supporrrt."
> 
     "We do what we can Admiral." he said with a smile of gratitude.  "If you
have a spare moment, I would greatly appreciate a word to the crew from you. 
They may be rough around the edges, but they still like to hear that they did
well.  If you have a moment before you depart, sir..."
> 
> "Well, I spoke with one of the prrrisonerrs,
> and I wanted to call Captains
> Black and Polath and go overrr the rrrecorrding
> with all thrrree of you.  I
> may have to trrranslate, since I think the
> trrranslatorr has a tough time
> of it.  He let on quite a bit."
> 
    "One moment..." Black put their conversation on hold while he keyed up a
secure communications link back to Captain Black and a narrow beam, line of
sight transmission to the Klingon ship.  Sure enough a moment or two later on
the main viewing screen in Lasiter's ready room was the split image of both
Polath and Black.

   "Good day, Captains."  Lasiter said in way of a greeting.  "Admiral Kitanya
wanted to brief us all at one time.  Admiral..."

   {and...}

Reply via email to