>     "One moment..." Black put their conversation on hold while he keyed up a
secure communications link back to Captain Black and a narrow beam, line of
sight transmission to the Klingon ship.  Sure enough a moment or two later on
the main viewing screen in Lasiter's ready room
was the split image of both Polath and Black.
> 
>    "Good day, Captains."  Lasiter said in way
> of a greeting.  "Admiral Kitanya wanted to brief us all at one time. 
Admiral..."

"Captains.  I've learrrned quite a lot frrrom one of the prrrisonerrs
alrrready.  I'm having the rrrecorrding of that sent to Cait forrr analysis,
because theirrr language seems to be verrry similarrr to one of ourrr ancient
dialects.  I don't know what that means until I hearrr back frrrom them, but
an educated Caitian *can* underrrstand theirrr language, which will give us a
leg up on interrrcepting theirrr trrransmissions."

(resp?)

"I'll show you the tape, and trrranslate forrr you."  She put the chip in and
translated the interview.  After it was done, she also added her comments on
his body language, and apologized for the 'humans taste bad' remark.  "He
insinuates that they have intelligence on us, but the things he told me arrre
not exactly state secrrrets.  It's common knowledge that the Dominion Warrr
was extrrremely costly forrr us, although just how costly was never made
public.  He didn't seem verrry convincing to me.  Morrre discussions with the
otherrrs may rrreveal morrre.  So, what arrre yourrr thoughts?"

(resp?)

Reply via email to