Check valve failure, so that the sprinkler leg is no longer isolated?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum [] On
Behalf Of Barry Levine
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:01 AM
Subject: Seeking false water flow alarm suggestions

I drained all the water from my pipes when I installed a new water
filter/softener system in my home. After installing the new system, which
replaced some 3/4" pipe with 1" pipe in my home water system, I have been
getting false alarms from my Potter Electric Signal Co VS-SP flow sensor. I
flushed my sprinkler system using the drain and the test valve, yet I believe
some air pockets may still remain in my two areas of coffered ceilings, where
the sprinklers sit 1 foot above the rest of the system. Potter recommends
replacing the VS-SP with a VSR-ST. I'd prefer not spending the money to replace
the sensor, but I'd like to hear from the professionals before I make that
decision. I'm thinking there may be other solutions, especially since I never
had any false alarms during the previous 20+ years. Possibly I could attach
saddle valves between each of the two sprinklers in the two coffered ceilings
and bleed the air out. Unfortunately, I've never had any long-term luck with
 e valves, as they have all become inoperative over time. I've attached a photo
of my water system in case that might be helpful. Feel free to ask any
questions or offer any solutions. Thank you.