The check valve prevents water from coming back down and entering the home system, not the other way around, but I'm open to exploring any options. Any suggestions on how to check and repair this? I'm not sure if the picture was attached, as I can't see it here, so I'll give a link to it:!AnhFeJX0YorirQUGGBIOXAy4RUu2 <> The check valve is just below the flow sensor. It probably would be more cost effective to replace the flow sensor than the check valve due to limited space and accessibility for changing the check valve (soldered copper with no unions). I would have no problem draining the system, opening up the check valve and repairing it, if it is repairable. What do you suggest?

On 10/12/2016 5:38 AM, Steele, Andrew wrote:
Check valve failure, so that the sprinkler leg is no longer isolated?

-----Original Message-----
From: Sprinklerforum [] On
Behalf Of Barry Levine
Sent: Wednesday, October 12, 2016 1:01 AM
Subject: Seeking false water flow alarm suggestions

I drained all the water from my pipes when I installed a new water filter/softener system
in my home. After installing the new system, which replaced some 3/4" pipe with
1" pipe in my home water system, I have been getting false alarms from my Potter
Electric Signal Co VS-SP flow sensor. I flushed my sprinkler system using the drain and
the test valve, yet I believe some air pockets may still remain in my two areas of
coffered ceilings, where the sprinklers sit 1 foot above the rest of the system. Potter
recommends replacing the VS-SP with a VSR-ST. I'd prefer not spending the money to
replace the sensor, but I'd like to hear from the professionals before I make that
decision. I'm thinking there may be other solutions, especially since I never had any
false alarms during the previous 20+ years. Possibly I could attach saddle valves between
each of the two sprinklers in the two coffered ceilings and bleed the air out.
Unfortunately, I've never had any long-term luck with saddl
  e valves, as they have all become inoperative over time. I've attached a
photo of my water system in case that might be helpful. Feel free to ask any
questions or offer any solutions. Thank you.