mherger wrote:
> > I want to add a playlist (that refers to files in the LMS database)
> from
> > elsewhere and play it without any LMS rescan.  There must be a way,
> > isn't there?
>
> In theory this is what 7.9's Browse Filesystem is for (or a music folder
>
> without the Audio file type checked). But I must admit that I haven't
> tested playlists thoroughly. There might be some issues...
>
> --
>
> Michael
Is that the same as 'Disks and Folders' on the Web GUI?  If so, when I
select an m3u all I get is the ability to add it to favourites, not to
play it, whereas I can play flacs (etc).

I'm currently on Logitech Media Server Version: 7.9.0 - 1444236574 @ Thu
Oct 8 04:05:05 UTC 2015 - I'm very happy to move on to a recent version
if that helps.

LMS 7.9 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 14.04, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to 405/2 amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
renderers.
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 15.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
Also a Touch with EDO, plus spare, unused.