If you install QOptware-NG, it will set a file in the lib directory of
the QTS system.
This is responsible for the 32bits handling, so all proggies which look
for it will find it again.

After installing QOptware, follow the instructions on how to backup, and
them un install and install QLogitechMediaServer.
This will install the 32 bits/ELF32 perl, and let LMS run on it.
Benifited memory uses is 100MB less the 64 bits/ELF64.
And proggies how need 32 bits/ELF32 will work again.

A think i would advise, also install 'sortmyQPKGs'
(https://www.qnapclub.eu/nl/qpkg/508), so on reboot any helping apps
will be loaded.
That way any installed QPKG/app who needs it, will be started later.

As i wrote on my ts-453a with QTS 4.3, got this running now for several
months.

yeomanspc wrote:
> Musicip is shipped as a 32 bit binary; I thought QTS will not run 32 bit
> binaries.  How does Optware resolve this?
>
> Apologies, I know this is a little off-topic, but it's the one remaining
> issue I have - your hard work has resolved all other issues for me on
> QNAP-LMS

*
maintainer of QLogitechMediaServer, QOptware-NG and QAutoSub.

Qnap TS-453a, with LogitechMediaSever 7.9.1 ( with spotty and youtube )
Serval raspberry with hifiberry amp+ and picoreplayer.
Love logitechmediaserver for it flexibel way, to play music from
different sources.*