In <news:zemdnquqdo8ap-lunz2dnuvz_hodn...@mozilla.org>,
Mark Hansen <m...@nospamwinfirst.com> wrote:

> If after closing the application, it is still found in the
> task manager, isn't the process is still running? (Yes, it is).
>
> Are you sure you want to suggest that he can delete the lock file
> at this point?
>
> Won't simply deleting the lock file allow a new process to start
> even while one process is still running - possibly resulting in
> corrupted profile data?

You're completely right.  If the process can't be killed, rebooting
would be a better idea than deleting the lockfile while the process is
still running.  (I wouldn't have bothered with a "you're right" post if
there weren't somebody else apparently still claiming the lockfile will
kill the process;  it won't.)

--
                                      ASCII Ribbon Campaign      \ /