George Carden wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
George Carden wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
George Carden wrote:
I've always used the Adobe Acrobat Reader to read PDF files. But recently I installed the Foxit reader in order to take advantage of their typing feature to fill out PDF forms. I still kept the Adobe reader as my default PDF reader.

However, since downloading Foxit, now whenever I get a PDF file in my email as an attachment, and when I click links to PDF files within the SeaMonkey browser, it is opening the documents in Foxit (within the browser). I want it to open them in Adobe, within the browser, like it used to before I downloaded Foxit.

How can I get that set back?

Thanks for your help!

-George

reinstall adobe

I was running Adobe Reader version 8. I just uninstalled it and upgraded to (installed) version 9.1...the latest version, and SeaMonkey is still opening my PDFs in Foxit. Is there some setting I'm missing somewhere?

-George

yes, there's a setting somewhere in adobe preferences, and I don't know right now what it is.

The only setting regarding browsers I see in Adobe and Foxit are "Open documents in browser." I have it checked for Adobe, and un-checked in Foxit. SeaMonkey-related PDF's are still opening within the browser with Foxit. Is there something I need to reset within SeaMonkey preferences or helper applications or something???

-George
Try makeing Adobe your default program for opening .pdf files. It is an Adobe Reader preference.