George Carden replied On 4/25/2009 8:24 PM

Frosted Flake wrote:
George Carden wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
George Carden wrote:
Peter Potamus the Purple Hippo wrote:
George Carden wrote:
I've always used the Adobe Acrobat Reader to read PDF files. But recently I installed the Foxit reader in order to take advantage of their typing feature to fill out PDF forms. I still kept the Adobe reader as my default PDF reader.

However, since downloading Foxit, now whenever I get a PDF file in my email as an attachment, and when I click links to PDF files within the SeaMonkey browser, it is opening the documents in Foxit (within the browser). I want it to open them in Adobe, within the browser, like it used to before I downloaded Foxit.

How can I get that set back?

Thanks for your help!

-George
reinstall adobe

I was running Adobe Reader version 8. I just uninstalled it and upgraded to (installed) version 9.1...the latest version, and SeaMonkey is still opening my PDFs in Foxit. Is there some setting I'm missing somewhere?

-George
yes, there's a setting somewhere in adobe preferences, and I don't know right now what it is.

The only setting regarding browsers I see in Adobe and Foxit are "Open documents in browser." I have it checked for Adobe, and un-checked in Foxit. SeaMonkey-related PDF's are still opening within the browser with Foxit. Is there something I need to reset within SeaMonkey preferences or helper applications or something???

-George
Try makeing Adobe your default program for opening .pdf files. It is an Adobe Reader preference.

It always has been, even after downloading Foxit. No difference...SeaMonkey's still using Foxit.

George,

Look in SeaMonkey Edit/Preferences/Navigator/Helper Applications, look for an entry that reads: application/pdf and see if it points to adobe, if not edit and select the adobe reader application, this will also change the icon associated with .pdf files in SeaMonkey.

Michael