Actually I just upgraded Java Monday or Tuesday and now it doesn't work either, although it did before I updated. I'm using Seamonkey 1.1.6 and am downloading 1.1.7 as I type. Once I install that I will try reinstalling Java again.

One problem I had with a program [Adblock Plus] was that I had to have Seamonkey open as administrator in order for it to load properly. My OS is Vista Home Basic 64 bit. I don't have any idea if this particular solution might help or not with Java.

Luck,
James
.
.

I just installed SeaMonkey 1.1.17. I then un-installed Java 6 Update
14 and then re-installed it.

Then I followed the directions you gave me. Unfortunately, I still get
the same problem on their test page.

Also, in the "Default Java for browsers" icon, I checked "Mozilla
Family". I closed Java's control panel and reopened it. The "Mozilla
Family" box was unchecked! It seems that on my system J6-U14
blantantly refuses to run on SeaMonkey. SeaMonkey is my favorite
browser so this really frustrates me. I don't get along with any
browser other than SeaMonkey.

Is there a workaround?

Thanks again