On Jul 23, 2:06 pm, Rubens <rf...@aim.com> wrote:
> Boppy wrote, on 2009-07-22 18:07:

> >> Jo, this "weird deformed status/component bar at the bottom" of the
> >> browser screen usually means that one (or more) of your extensions is
> >> not suitable for SM 1.1.17.
>
> >> To fix this, you need to install the Extension Manager 2.0 and the
> >> Extension UnInstaller API 2.1 fromhttp://www.mozmonkey.com/. Then you
> >> should be able to see the Extension Manager under Tools in SeaMonkey.
>
> >> Use the Extension Manager to disable or uninstall one or two extensions
> >> at a time and the re-start SeaMonkey until the Browser image looks
> >> right. Try and find an updated version of the sus extension.
>
> >> Hope that helps.
>
> >> Daniel
>
> > Hi Daniel, thanks for replying. As this is a clean install of
> > Seamonkey (and I've uninstalled and reinstalled several times since
> > yesterday) isn't it a bit odd that it would have an extension that I
> > haven't installed?
>
> > Unfortunately I can't get your recommended file to install as I get an
> > error message "not a valid install package" error for both components.
> > Running the file from a download simply asks me to pick an application
> > to open it with.
>
> > Under Tools I have the option to click on Extension Uninstaller but
> > doing so simply brings up a warning telling me to install the app,
> > which I can't do.
>
> > Grateful for further guidance. This extra large bit at the bottom of
> > my screen has never been a problem before - I've used Seamonkey for
> > several years. It's odd that it's cropped up now. The only difference
> > is that I now have newly re-installed Vista along with SP2 ( SP1
> > caused the crash).
>
> > Cheers,
> > Jo
>
> Hi Jo,
>
> The new component named Extension Manager 2.0 has never worked for me.
>
> But the former one, originally named just Extension Uninstaller works
> perfectly together with the API component.
>
> If you want to try it tell me and I can send you that by e-mail.
>
> Cheers,
>
> Rubens

Thanks Rubens, I'll let you know if I need it - I think I saw it there
for download so might give it a try.

Meantime I have a more perplexing issue. While last night and this
morning I was able to open Seamonkey and have all my old mail and
bookmarks open, now when I load Seamonkey it loads without all of
these items. Opening Profile Manager still shows me the default
profile where I copied everything but it's just not displaying.
Looking at the users/profile directory shows the data, but Seamonkey
is simply not loading it on startup.

Any suggestions?

Jo