> >> O.K., Jo, before you go away, open SeaMonkey, have a look at
> >> Edit->Mail&Newsgroup Preferences, select your email account (may be your
> >> only account), have a look at the bottom of the "Server Settings"
> >> screen, it should tell you where your Local Directory is. Note this
> >> location. Have a look
> >> athttp://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/helpandsupport/learnmore/tip...
> >> to un-hide your folders if necessary.
> >> Then close SeaMonkey, make sure it's not still running by Ctrl-Alt-Del,
> >> then do a Windows Find File or Folder looking for "inbox" (without the
> >> ""). The reason I've asked you to do this search is that when you
> >> un-install SeaMonkey, you are just un-installing the program, your
> >> profile, which contains all your e-mails, etc, is not un-installed. It
> >> may be just that when you did a re-install of SeaMonkey, it might not
> >> have found the old profile. If the search does find an "inbox" (without
> >> the ""), it might just be in your lost profile. If you only find one
> >> "inbox" (without the ""), is it in the same location as the Local
> >> Directory you noted in SM earlier??
> >> Report back.
> >> Daniel
> > Well a couple of times yesterday I managed to get my profile to open
> > with SM but then subsequently not. Today not at all. I've deleted all
> > other profiles except the Jo profile from Jo/AppData/Mozilla/Profiles
> > and it's the only profile available under Profile Manager and still it
> > won't load.
> > I really need to access my old mail. Is there any way I can export it
> > to open in another mail app?
> > Jo
> O.K., Jo, first step, give yourself a new profile....Go into the Profile
> Manager, Manage Profiles, Create New Profile, call it something distinct
> and on that screen, click the button "Choose Folder" so that YOU can put
> the profile exactly where YOU want it. Finish the rest of the
> installation, O.K.'ing your way out of this process, but select your new
> profile. Now close SeaMonkey totally, don't even have it running in your
> Quick Launch portion of the Windows Desktop.
> Do a Windows Find File or Folder to locate files called "inbox" (without
> the ""). This is the files in which all your received emails are held.
> You will also find "inbox.msf" files, don't worry about them as they are
> just index files for the inbox, and which will need to be re-indexed
> later. One of the "inbox" will be in the location you just created.
> Change the names of the other inboxs to inbox1, inbox2, etc.
> Now, use your Windows "My Computer" or "Explorer" or whatever to make
> your way to the locations of these renamed files, cut the inbox1, then
> make your way to where you put YOUR new profile and when you find its
> inbox, paste the inbox1 at the same level as YOUR inbox. Do the same
> thing for all the other inboxn's.
> Now open SeaMonkey and you should, hopefully, see all these inboxn's
> [...]

Thanks Daniel, I'll try doing that.

Meantime, this morning I clicked the SM icon and my old profile
opened, complete with bookmarks and mail, but missing several menus:

I was particuarly wanting to do screenshots of my passwords but can't
access them.

Is there a way to transfer passwords to a new profile also?