NoOp wrote:
On 08/13/2009 12:03 PM, chicagofan wrote:
I downloaded SM 2.0 and can't send mail with the SMTP settings that were
copied from my SM 1.1.14 version.  I have NO settings set for
authorization except one news server, however everything worked fine in
the old SM related to connections.

The error message says I DO have a setting now for authorization at
Charter, my ISP, which they won't accept.

Any suggestions?   I've checked and re-checked all the settings.  Maybe
there's something new I haven't found?   TIA...
bj

You'll need to post details of the smtp server settings for both along
with the _exact_ error message.

Error Message:

Sending of message failed.
An error occurred sending mail: Unable to authenticate to SMTP server smtp.charter.net. It does not support authentication (SMTP-AUTH) but you have chosen to use authentication. Uncheck 'Use name and password' for that server or contact your service provider.

Charter SMTP -  Outgoing Server  =  smtp.charter.net (Default)/Port: 0/
Secure Authentication: No/Connection Security: None

I only have one address for SMTP Outgoing Server [as shown above]. It is the same on all my accounts... on BOTH versions of Sea Monkey.

What next?
bj