On 8/17/2009 10:02 PM, DoctorBill wrote:
> David E. Ross wrote:
>>> Or just disable images entirely. There are some addons which give an
>>> easy on/off toggle. On Firefox there is ImgLikeOpera which lets you
>>> right-click to load images when desired, which I think would be
>>> perfect for the OP, but I don't know of a Seamonkey version.
>> Install the PrefBar extension from
>> <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/installation.html/prefbar4.2.xpi>.  Then
>> download and import the PrefBar "button" (actually a menulist) Image
>> Menulist 1.0 from
>> <http://prefbar.mozdev.org/buttons.html/imagemenulist.btn>.  This will
>> allow you to switch quickly between no images, all images, and images
>> only from the current domain, all from the PrefBar toolbar.
> I AM using PrefBar ver 1.2.13 right now.
> Would that button work in my version ?
> I am completely ignorant of these "buttons" - what are they and how do I
> place a new button into my PrefBar ?
> Amazing !
> DoctorBill

Are you sure about your version?  I'm using v.4.2.0, but its Help
section is version 1.2.21.  When you right-click on the PrefBar toolbar
and select "Prefbar Help" or select that as a button on the toolbar, the
first paragraph gives the version of the help information.  The third
paragraph gives the version of PrefBar itself.

First, download Image Menulist 1.0 from
<http://prefbar.mozdev.org/buttons.html/imagemenulist.btn>.  Right-click
on the link and select Save Link Target.  Save the file to your desktop.

Right-click on the PrefBar toolbar and select Customize.  Select the
Import button.  In the file-selection window, navigate to your desktop
and select the imagemenulist.btn file.

If it installs in the Available Items list, select it and then select
the Add Items button to move it to the Enabled Items list.

Having imported the "button", you may then delete the imagemenulist.btn

David E. Ross