Date: Tue, 27 Oct 2009 21:12:28 -0500
From: Patrick Crumhorn<pat...@io.com>
To:support-seamonkey@lists.mozilla.org
Subject: Re: Cannot Launch SeaMonkey 2

This is exactly my problem as well. I installed SM 2.0 tonight on my WinXP
Professional SP2 system
that already has 1.1.18 working fine.  After install I was prompted to launch
SeaMonkey but nothing
happens.  It will not launch - at all - from the desktop icon or directly from
the .exe file.  No
sign of it in Task Manager processes either.  Fortunately my 1.1.18 is
untouched, so I'll probably
use that for the foreseeable future.  I'd hate to have to switch to FF and TB
since I've used the
suite since Navigator 4 but this just isn't working for me.

Oh, the only parent.lock file I found anywhere was in my old SeaMonkey profile,
none in the SM 2
directories at all.  I deleted it as suggested, but no effect.