This is exactly my problem as well. I installed SM 2.0 tonight on my WinXP Professional SP2 system that already has 1.1.18 working fine. After install I was prompted to launch SeaMonkey but nothing happens. It will not launch - at all - from the desktop icon or directly from the .exe file. No sign of it in Task Manager processes either. Fortunately my 1.1.18 is untouched, so I'll probably use that for the foreseeable future. I'd hate to have to switch to FF and TB since I've used the suite since Navigator 4 but this just isn't working for me.

Oh, the only parent.lock file I found anywhere was in my old SeaMonkey profile, none in the SM 2 directories at all. I deleted it as suggested, but no effect.