On Oct 28, 3:12 am, Patrick Crumhorn <pat...@io.com> wrote: > This is exactly my problem as well. I installed SM 2.0 tonight on my WinXP > Professional SP2 system > that already has 1.1.18 working fine. After install I was prompted to launch > SeaMonkey but nothing > happens. It will not launch - at all - from the desktop icon or directly > from the .exe file. No > sign of it in Task Manager processes either. Fortunately my 1.1.18 is > untouched, so I'll probably > use that for the foreseeable future. I'd hate to have to switch to FF and TB > since I've used the > suite since Navigator 4 but this just isn't working for me. > > Oh, the only parent.lock file I found anywhere was in my old SeaMonkey > profile, none in the SM 2 > directories at all. I deleted it as suggested, but no effect.
> > > I had 1.1.18 installed and running fine. I downloaded 2.0 (just a > > little while ago), installed it (no problems), then, like David it > > asked if I wanted to run. I said yes and nothing happened. I also > > double-clicked the SM icon in the SM folder: nothing. > I can confirm this issue after having used the *installer* in the alpha phase. It was caused by old stuff in my profile. In the past I used to copy the SM2.0 alpha version straight to disk, over an existing installation (I can't recall which version that was originally, but likely a 2.0 alpha also), while having a converted profile from 1.1.18. No problem. But once, I tried to use the installer, and after that the binary would just not start. I solved it by clearing out the entire program directory, doing a fresh install, and some tinkering in my profile folder, but I don't recall it exactly. I believe I had it recreate my prefs.js after renaming the old file. This might also have involved recreating the mail accounts. Niek _______________________________________________ support-seamonkey mailing list firstname.lastname@example.org https://lists.mozilla.org/listinfo/support-seamonkey