jean-pierre bessette wrote:

When I clicked on yes, the program reverted to a new installation, and I
lost all emails, including all those that I had saved for the previous 6
months since I had bought this computer.  Unfortunately I could not find
a way to reverse what I had just done.

Uh, when you say it "reverted to a new installation," do you mean it lost ALL your configurations, including the settings for your e-mail accounts and such?

If so, it just may be that, for some reason, Seamonkey has created a new (blank) profile and switched to using it instead of the profile you were using previously. In that case, your mail store files should be still available in your old profile.

MCBastos