Quoting Ian Clarke <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>:

> So, this email is an invitation to anyone that has constructive
> criticism or suggestion's for how Freenet's "first impression" can be
> enhanced.  Topics include installation, FProxy, even the website's layout.

freenet:// handled by Opera, Firebird etc. If Freenet isn't installed, a
redirection to http://freenet.sf.net where the download links are more
prominently displayed. There _has_ to be a question when installing asking the
user if he/she pays for bandwidth (esp outgoing) and set the configuration in
Freenet accordingly - bad press resulting from Joe Doe installing Freenet and
getting $1000 bills (think NZ, OZ) isn't good.

More "advertising". Atm Diebold are shutting down sites hosting their memos
using the DMCA. Educate the world to the fact that Freenet can be used for the
"public good" - the memos are already available in Freenet.

Better portals. People _don't_ want links to child pornography (no, I don't want
a discussion, flamefest etc, I'm talking the general public who want to USE
Freenet) to be the first thing they see. Instead the top portal should contain
links like the Diebold one, the Scientology Bible etc. Advertise the fact that
Freedom of Speach is the central issue.

I just wrote a comment to an article in Sweden's largest IT-newssite where I
brought this up (regarding the Swedish military wanting to tap regular users'
Internet-connections). This is where we need to push Freenet.

(http://www.idg.se/ArticlePages/200310/31/20031031135522_SOS/20031031135522_SOS.
dbp.asp for the ones who can read Swedish)

___/
_/