From: [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Jun 28, 2004 1:59 PM
To: biofuel@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [biofuel] Re: Re: Fahrenheit 9/11

I'm curious as to what FoxNews has to do wtih anything. It seems to me that
your implying that I am dangerously republican, unfortunately, you couldn't be
more wrong. I don't emphatecally support Bush, and I don't punch the republican
hole on the ballot without knowing who I'm voting for. I am actually an
independent and I tend to vote for people who are quite moderate. I think Bush
did make a number of mistakes and I would like nothing more than to see Edwards
become President. So I have no neo-conservative bias. My problem is that Moore
doesn't make good arguements.

Moore shows pictures and tells stories but concludes very little. He implies
many things and leaves it to the audience to decide. He doesn't leave many
options to pick from, but at least they buy into his theories without him
blatantly spitting out falsities. In his documentary about how bad GM is for
closing the Flint plant, he shows evictions and people getting kicked out onto
the street. It's no result of the GM closing, the person didn't work for GM but
it made a good picture for his point. In Bowling for Columbine he references a
little 6 year old who got hold of a gun and killed someone or maybe even
himself. It was evidence though of how guns should be out of every home.
Irregardless of the fact that the gun probably would have been illegally in the
crack house where the kid lived and was abused. Its good upstanding households
like that that are good and accurate reference material. His references to the
Bush families connections to Osama are out of place a well. The connections to
the Bin Laden family are quite public. The Bin Ladens have tons of connections
in America, they're rich, so are the Bush's, guess what, the rich get rich and
stay rich by making connections with other people that are rich. I don't think
the Bush family planned terrorist attacks to use as reasons for war and then
exploit them for money. I think there is something curious about the war in
Iraq, but I also think Saddam should have been taken out in the Gulf War. Of
course there is the best part with the mother weeping for her son. Thats
footage that needs to be shown. Of course it should always be followed by a
bunch of American's killing all those civillians. This is of course
irregardless of the fact that almost 70% of Iraqi's are happy that Saddam is
now out of power and that the casualty rate for US troops is really quite low
for such a large scale head on assault. The Coalition has lost about 1000
troops in Iraq, as opposed to the 58,000 who died in Vietnam. I'd say there is
a significant improvement. But, we couldn't mention that there. We also
strategically ignore the precision capabilities of the weapons used as well. A
large number of civilians died in Iraq during the war and occupation. I'm
wiling to bet that a very large portion of those deaths were not inflicted by
Americans though. The car bombs, etc tend to take more Iraqis than Americans.
So all in all Moore does a real fine job of showing a twisted side of reality.
The movie was a twist of truth, and I don't think he even tries to show his
point. Rather he shows what he thinks will sway people against Bush. Whether
you like Bush or not, this is not an accurate portrayal of anything other than
Michael Moore's hatred for George W. Bush.

Randall Sanborn